Thursday 18 August 2011

STRANGE BUT TRUE!


I could remember one experience that I had some time ago and this made me vow that, no matter what, I must endeavor to leave the house early enough to go to work. Leaving house very early to work has become normal to me. Initially, it was pain, but when I considered the time wasted and the trouble I had to go through with Lagos traffic jams, I’m reassured that leaving early to work is worth the while.

I woke up one morning at about 4.30 a.m. As usual, I went straight to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, had my bath and got dressed for work. I stopped by the kitchen to drink some water (I do this most mornings. Someone told me that it is good for the health.)

When I got downstairs, I hung my suit in the back of the car, entered the car, got it started and zoomed off to work. I made it early to work that day. I stayed in the car for a while. When it was time to get into my office, I reached out for my shoes where I usually keep them in the back of the car and I couldn’t find them. All of a sudden, I remembered that I dropped them while I was about drinking water in the kitchen and I forgot to pick them up when I finished.

I had to go back home. By the time I made it through the traffic jam and back to the office, it was about 10.30 a.m. It was a stressful experience! The painful thing to me was that I had to follow the crowd. When they moved, I moved, and when they stopped, I stopped. I hate following the crowd especially the type we have in this part of the world. It’s so disorganized, and rowdy, and you get to see the manifestations of selfishness and foolishness at their highest peak.

When you follow the crowd, you lose control and face delay compulsorily! Following the crowd makes a slave out of you. Thank God mine was a one-off thing. It is sad to know that there are many who experience this on a daily basis. As it is with the physical, so it is with the spiritual. Jesus once said that, if you do not understand the physical things, how can you understand the spiritual? 
 
The display of foolishness, the manifestation of selfishness, disorderliness, rowdiness and delays are as a result of “spiritual traffic jams” in men’s hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment